Geeta Phogat is an Indian freestyle wrestler who is famous for being the first Indian woman to win the gold medal at the 2010 Commonwealth Games, held in New Delhi. She is also the first Indian female wrestler to have qualified for the Olympics (2012).
Geeta Phogat Wiki Bio Quick Facts :
|Date of Birth / Age :||15 December 1988 / 32 Years (as in 2020)|
|Nick Name :||Geeta|
|Full Name :||Geeta Kumari Phogat|
|Birthplace / Home Town :||Balali, Haryana, India|
|Zodiac Sign / Sun Sign :||Sagittarius|
|Religion / Caste :||Hinduism / Jat|
Height, Weight and Physical Stats :
|Height :||162 Cm|
|Weight :||65 Kg|
|Eye Color :||Black|
|Hair Color :||Black|
Family and Relatives :
|Father :||Mahavir Singh Phogat|
|Mother :||Shobha Kaur|
|Sister(s) :||Babita Kumari Phogat, Sangita Phogat, Ritu Phogat
Vinesh Phogat (Cousin)
|Marital Status :||Married (20 November 2016)|
|Spouse / Husband :||Pawan Kumar|
|Affairs :||Pawan Kumar|
Education and Career :
|College / Universities :||MDU, Rohtak|
|Profession :||Freestyle Wrestler|
|Debut Film / TV / Party :||Commonwealth Wrestling Championships Jalandhar 2009|
|Mentor / Coach :||Mahavir Singh Phogat|
|Net Income / Worth :||N/A|
Contact and Social Media Profile :
|Email / Contact :||N/A|
|Address :||Haryana, India|
Geeta Phogat Favorites :
|Hobbies :||Travelling, Running|
|Favorite Food :||N/A|
|Favorite Actor :||Sunny Deol|
|Favorite Destination :||Mauritius|
Awards and Medals :
|2009||Gold (55 kg) in Jalandhar Commonwealth Wrestling Championships|
|2010||Gold (55 kg) in Delhi Commonwealth Games|
|2011||Gold (55 kg) in Melbourne Commonwealth Wrestling Championships|
|2014||Bronze at Dave Schultz Memorial Tournament|
|2015||Bronze (58 kg) in Goha, Asian Wrestling Championships|
Some Known Facts About Geeta Phogat :
- Does Geeta Phogat smoke? : Not Known
- Does Geeta Phogat drink alcohol? : Not Known
- Her father, Mahavir Singh Phogat is a former wrestler, senior Olympics coach and Dronacharya Award recipient.
- She started wrestling under the mentorship of her father.
- Geeta’s father used to take her to train on the muddy arena and local wrestling matches.
- During her teenage, she became the subject of criticism and mockery of the people of her village because the two girls didn’t abide by the customs of society.
- As there were no female wrestlers, her father would make them wrestle with the boys.
- Her village lacked proper facilities, so her father enrolled her and her sister Babita at the Sports Authority of India Centre in Sonipat.
- Her father left his job to concentrate on her training for the Commonwealth Games.
- She is also the first Indian women wrestler to have been qualified for the Olympics.
- Her sister Babita Phogat, and cousin Vinesh Phogat are also Commonwealth Games gold medalists.
- Another younger sister Ritu Phogat and Sangita Phogat is also wrestler.
- The love story of Geeta Phogat and Pawan Kumar grew through Facebook conversations. Geeta and Pawan attended a camp for the 2012 Olympics. Pawan messaged her on facebook. After a few months, they met in the US. After some time, she blocked him from Facebook. At that time, she thought that he was not serious. It was after they coincidentally underwent knee operation and ran into each other in the same hospital. That’s where they had a long talk. She began to take him seriously, and they both finally agreed to marry.
- Geeta Phogat met Aamir Khan for the first time in 2014 on his Show, Satyamev Jayate, where he interviewed the Phogat sisters. The movie Dangal is a biopic on the life of Geeta and her family.
- In October 2016, she was appointed as the Deputy Superintendent of Police in Haryana.
- She got married to Pawan Kumar on 20 November 2016. The couple had their first child, a boy, in December 2019.
- In 2017, she participated in the Color TV’s reality show Fear Factor, Khatron Ke Khiladi.
Disclaimer : We can not guarantee that the information on this page is hundred percent correct. If you think that any information is wrong or missing, please Contact Here, Comment below, Join Us on Twitter and Facebook or Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.