Yogi Adityanath is a politician, member of Bharatiya Janata Party and Mahant of the Gorakhnath Math, a Hindu temple in Gorakhpur. He is the founder of a youth organisation, the Hindu Yuva Vahini. He has been the Member of Parliament from the Gorakhpur constituency, Uttar Pradesh for five consecutive terms since 1998. He is 22nd and current chief minister of Uttar Pradesh.
Yogi Adityanath Wiki Bio Quick Facts :
|Date of Birth / Age :||5 June 1972 / 49 Years (as in 2021)
|Nick Name :||Yogi|
|Full Name :||Ajay Singh Bisht / Mahant Yogi Adityanath|
|Birthplace / Home Town :||Panchur, Distt. Pauri Garhwal, Uttarakhand, India / Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac Sign / Sun Sign :||Gemini|
|Religion / Caste :||Hinduism (Nath Sampraday) / Kshatriya|
Also Read : Amit Shah Bio, Age, Family, Career and Profile
Height, Weight and Physical Stats :
|Height :|| 163 Cm
|Eye Color :||Black|
|Hair Color :||Black|
Family and Relatives :
|Father :||Anand Singh Bisht|
|Mother :||Savitri Devi|
|Brother(s) :||Manvendra Mohan, Shailendra Mohan, Mahendra Singh Bisht|
|Sister(s) :||Shashi Singh and Two More|
|Marital Status :||Unmarried (Celibate)|
|Guru ( spiritual father ) :||Mahant Avaidyanath Maharaj|
Education and Career :
|Qualification :|| Graduate in Mathematics
|School :||Primary School, Pauri|
|College / Universities :||Garhwal University|
|Profession :||Mahanth Gorakhnath Math (Priest), Politician|
|Political Party :||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Current Position :||Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh|
|Net Worth / Income :||N/A|
Contact and Social Media Profile :
|Email / Contact :||N/A|
|Address :||R/O 361 Old Gorakhpur, PS & PO Gorakhpur, Tehsil Sadar Bajar, Dist. Gorakhpur / CM Awas, Lucknow|
Yogi Adityanath Favorites :
|Hobbies :||Swimming, playing badminton, feeding animals|
|Favorite Food :||Gahad, Papaya, Daliya, boiled vegetables, boiled Gram and Chapatis|
|Favorite Politician :||Narendra Modi|
Books By Yogi Adityanath :
- Hathyoga : Svarupa evam sadhana
- Rajayoga : svarupa evam sadhana
- Yaugik Shatkarm
- Hindu Rashtra Nepal : Atit, Vartmaan evam Bhavisya
Books On Yogi Adityanath :
- The monk who became chief minister : the definitive biography pf Yogi Adityanath – Shantanu Gupta
- Yogi Adityanath : the rise of a saffron socialist – Pravin Kumar
- Yogi Adityanath : blend of spiritualism and political realism – Shekhar Adhikari
Political Journey of Yogi Adityanath :
- Yogi Adityanath’s political journey began in 1996 when he was named in charge of managing the election campaign for Mahant Avaidyanath.
- In 1998, he started his political career by becoming the youngest MP (Gorakhpur) to be elected to the 12th Lok Sabha at the age of 26.
- From 1998 to 1999 he worked in departments like Committee on Food, Civil Supplies, Public Distribution and its Sub-Committee-B on Department of Sugar and Edible Oils; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Home Affairs.
- From 1999 to 2000, he was re-elected to 13th Lok Sabha, where he worked in Committee on Food, Civil Supplies and Public Distribution; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Home Affairs.
- In 2004, he was re-elected to 14th Lok Sabha, where he worked in Committee on Government Assurances; Member, Committee on External Affairs; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Home Affairs.
- In 2009, he was re-elected to 15th Lok Sabha, where he worked in Committee on Transport, Tourism and Culture.
- In 2014, he was re-elected to the 16th Lok Sabha from Gorakhpur constituency.
- On 19 March 2017, he became the 21st Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
Some Known Facts About Yogi Adityanath :
- His father, Anand Singh Bisht was a forest ranger.
- Around 1990, he joined Ayodhya Ram temple movement and became the disciple of the head priest of Gorakhnath Math Mahant Avaidyanath, where he got the name Yogi Adityanath.
- In the year 2002, Yogi Adityanath established Hindu Yuva Vahini, an organization for the protection of cows.
- He is a Chief Editor of Hindi Weekly and Monthly Magazine Yogvani.
- In 2005, a religious purification drive was led by Yogi Adityanath where more than 5,000 people were converted in Hinduism in UP’s Etah. This drive is known as Ghar Wapasi.
- For socially and economically weaker and backward children, he provides hostel.
- He raises awareness against religious and social conventions and evils.
- He is also running more than two dozens educational institutions and working for extending health facilities to rural areas.
- Several spiritual and cultural organisations are also run by him including the centres of the oldest meditation system of India and the centre of a prominent philosophical sect of Nath Panth.
- He has a special interest in yoga and spirituality.
- Yogi Adityanath is an avid animal lover. He promotes campaigning Cow protection.
- He also runs Rashtra Raksha Abhiyan for Social and National Security, Gardening, religious Discourses, Bhajans and Touring Religious Spots.
- In 2010, he disapproved BJP’s stance on Women Reserrvation Bill.
- He is a hard worker and dedicated personality towards work.
- He wakes up at 3:00 am in the morning and goes to bed at 11:00 pm.
- Yogi Adityanath eats simple food like Papaya, Gram and Daliya, boiled vegetables with Chapatis and green vegetables.
- When he became CM, he banned cow smuggling, tobacco, pan and gutka in the government offices of Uttar Pradesh.
- He also formed anti romeo squads in the state. More than 100 policemen were also suspended.
- On April 20, 2020, Yogi Adityanath lost his father but didn’t attend his last rites due to the countrywide lockdown.
Disclaimer : We can not guarantee that the information on this page is hundred percent correct. If you think that any information is wrong or missing, please Contact Here, Comment below, Join Us on Twitter and Facebook or Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org