Arnab Goswami is an Indian Journalist and TV news presenter. He is the managing director and Editor-in-chief of the news channel Republic TV. He is known for his aggressive and investigative journalism. He is a role model for many who want to do fierce journalism. What can be learnt from Arnab is the consistency and courage to raise questions.
Arnab Goswami Wiki Bio Quick Facts :
|Date of Birth / Age :||09 October 1973 / 47 Years (as in 2020)|
|Nick Name :||Arnab|
|Full Name :||Arnab Ranjan Goswami|
|Birthplace / Home Town :||Guwahati, Assam, India|
|Zodiac Sign / Sun Sign :||Libra|
|Religion / Caste :||Hinduism / Brahmin|
Height, Weight and Physical Stats :
|Height :|| 180 Cm
|Eye Color :||Black|
|Hair Color :||Black|
Family and Relatives :
|Father :|| Manoranjan Goswami
|Mother :||Suprabha Goswami|
|Marital Status :||Married|
|Wife :||Samyabrata Ray Goswami (Pipi Goswami)|
|Ex / Girlfriend / Affairs :||Pipi Goswami (Samyabrata Ray)|
Education and Career :
|Qualification :|| Graduation in Sociology; Masters in Social Anthropology
|School :||Mount St. Mary’s School, Delhi Cant; Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jabalpur Cant|
|College / Universities :||Hindu College, Delhi University; Oxford University, England|
|Profession :||Journalist, News Anchor|
|Previous Work / TV / Channel :||Telegraph (1990), NDTV (1995), Times Now (2006)|
|Current Work / TV :||Republic TV (Owner and Editor in Chief) launched on 6 May 2017, Republic Bharat|
|Shows :||Newsnight, Newshour, Frankly Speaking with Arnab, Nation Wants to Know, Puchhta Hai Bharat|
|Known For :
||His aggressive and investigative journalism|
||Benazir Bhutto, Hamid Karzai, Dalai Lama, Hillary Clinton, Sonia Gandhi and Narendra Modi|
|Net Income / Salary :||Rs 1 Cr / Month (approx)|
|Net Worth :||N/A|
Contact and Social Media Profile :
|Email / Contact :||firstname.lastname@example.org (Official)|
|Address :||Bombay Dyeing Compound, Worli, Mumbai – 400018|
Arnab Goswami Favorites :
|Hobbies :|| Reading, Traveling, Watching Movies
|Favorite Food :||Non Vegetarian|
|Favorite Actor :||N/A|
|Favorite Singer / Musician :||Bhupen Hazarika|
|Favorite Leader :||Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Favorite Song :||N/A|
|Favorite Color :||Black, Red|
|Car / Bike Collection :||N/A|
|2003||Asian Television Award for Best Presenter of Anchor
|2007||Society Young Achievers Award|
|2010||Ramnath Goenka Award for Excellence in Journalism|
|2010||Assamese of the Year Award by News Live|
|2012||ENBA Awards for News Television Editor-in-chief of the year|
Some Known Facts About Arnab Goswami :
- Does Arnab Goswami Smoke?: Not Known
- Does Arnab Goswami Drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Arnab was born into an Assamese Brahmin family. He originally belongs to a village in Assam’s Borpeta district, but his family migrated to Shillong and then got settled in Guwahati.
- His grandfather, Rajani Kanta Goswami was a judge and a freedom fighter who served as a leader of the Indian National Congress.
- His uncle, Dinesh Goswami, was the union law minister in the short lived Vishwanath Pratap Singh government.
- When Arnab was in 6th standard, he got interested in debate contests.
- His father was in the Indian Army, so his childhood was spent in different cities due to the transferable job of his father.
- In 1998, his father contested for BJP in the general election from Guwahati, but he lost to Congress candidate, Bhubaneswar Kalita.
- His sister works for Indian Defence and his brother-in-law is also in the Indian Army.
- Sonia Gandhi was the first person to be interviewed by Arnab Goswami.
- In 2002, he authored a book, Combating Terrorism : The Legal Challenge.
- Though, he has an image of not letting others speak on his show, but, in real life, he is a good listener.
- In 2015, Goswami became the first journalist to ring the opening bell at the BSE on its 140th year.
- In November 2016, he shocked everyone after announcing his departure from Times Now, to start his channel, Republic TV.
- His news channel, Republic TV, is located at the Bombay Dyeing Compound, Worli, Mumbai.
- On 6 May 2017, he launched his own English news channel Republic TV, which became the first news channel in India to be aired live on Hotstar.
- On 8 December 2019, he was unanimously elected as the President of News Broadcasting Federation, a newly formed federation of about 78 channels.
Disclaimer : We can not guarantee that the information on this page is hundred percent correct. If you think that any information is wrong or missing, please Contact Here, Comment below, Join Us on Twitter and Facebook or Mail us at email@example.com