Lalu Prasad Yadav is an Indian politician from the state of Bihar. He is the president of the Rashtriya Janata Dal, former chief minister of Bihar, former railways minister, and former member of Parliament. He is one of the first noted politicians to lose parliamentary seat on being arrested in fodder scam as per Supreme Court decision banning convicted legislators to hold their posts.
Lalu Prasad Yadav Wiki Bio Quick Facts :
|Date of Birth / Age :||11 june 1948 / 73 Years (as in 2021)|
|Nick Name :||Lalu, Laloo|
|Full Name :||Lalu Prasad Yadav|
|Birthplace / Home Town :||Phulwaria, Gopalganj, Bihar|
|Zodiac Sign / Sun Sign :||Gemini|
|Religion / Caste :||Hinduism / Yadav|
Height, Weight and Physical Stats :
|Height :||168 Cm|
|Weight :||80 Kg|
|Eye Color :||Black|
|Hair Color :||White|
Family and Relatives :
|Father :||Kundan Rai|
|Mother :||Marachhiya Devi|
|Marital Status :||Married|
|Spouse / Wife :||Rabri Devi (Date of Marriage – 1 June 1973)|
|Son(s) :||Tejashwi Yadav, Tej Pratap Yadav|
|Daughter(s) :||Misa Bharti, Rohini, Chanda, Ragini, Dhannu, Hema, Lakshmi|
Education and Career :
|Qualification :|| BA, LLB
|College / Universities :||BN College, Patna, India|
|Debut / Ex Party :||Janata Party, Janata Dal|
|Current Political Party :||Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD)|
|Net Worth / Income :||N/A|
Contact and Social Media Profile :
|Email / Contact :||N/A|
|Address :||Patna, India|
Lalu Yadav Favorites :
|Hobbies :||Cooking, Rural Dance|
|Favorite Food :||Litti Chokha, Thekuaa|
|Favorite Actor :||Amitabh Bachchan|
Turning Points of his Political Career :
- 1977 : Elected to the 6th Lok Sabha at the age of 29.
- 1980 – 1989 : Member of the Bihar Legislative Assembly (two terms).
- 1989 : A Leader of Opposition of Bihar Legislative Assembly, Chairman of Pustakalaya Committee, Convenor of Committee on Public Undertakings. Re-elected to the 9th Lok Sabha (2nd term).
- 1990 – 1995 : Member of the Bihar Legislative Council.
- 1990 – 1997 : Chief Minister of Bihar
- 1995 – 1998 : Member of the Bihar Legislative Assembly.
- 1996 : Lalu implicated in Fodder Scam
- 1997 : Splits from Janata Dal to form Rashtriya Janata Dal.
- 1998 : Re-elected to 12th Lok Sabha (3rd term).
- 1998 – 1999 : Member of General Purposes Committee, Committee on Home Affairs and its Sub Committee on Swatantrata Sainik Samman Pension Scheme, Consultative Committee of Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- 2004 : Re-elected to the 14th Lok Sabha (4th term). Appointed Cabinet Minister in the Ministry of Railways in UPA govt. Lalu, wife Rabri Devi, son Tejashwi Yadav and daughter Misa Bharti booked for railway tender bribery scam, disproportionate illegal property and income tax evasion cases in 2017.
- 2009 : Re-elected to the 15th Lok Sabha (5th term) and disqualified in 2013 subsequent to his conviction in the first fodder scam case.
Major Corruption Cases against Lalu Yadav and Family :
- 1996 Fodder Scam, case of INR89.27 lakh scammed from Deoghar treasury: conviction in 2017
- 1996 Fodder Scam, case of INR35.62 crore scammed from Chaibasa treasury: conviction in 2018
- 1996 Fodder Scam, case of INR 3.97 crore scammed from Dumka treasury: conviction in 2018
- 1996 Fodder Scam, case of INR184 crore scammed from Doranda treasury: pending in court
- 1998 Lalu’s disproportionate assets case
- 2005 Indian Railway tender scam, Lalu family booked by CBI
- 2017 Delight Properties 45 crore benami disproportionate assets and tax evasion cases, Lalu family booked by ED
- 2017 AB Exports 40 crore benami disproportionate assets and tax evasion cases, Lalu family booked by ED
- 2017 Patna zoo soil scam came up against Lalu Prasad Yadav and his sons Tej Pratap Yadav and Tejashwi Yadav. All three were charged with allegations of gross irregularities of selling soil from the construction of Tej Pratap’s Saguna Mor mall basement.
Some Known Facts About Lalu Yadav :
- Does Lalu Yadav smoke? : No
- Does Lalu Yadav drink alcohol? : Not Known
- After completing Bachelor of Laws and a Master in Political Science from B. N. College, Patna University, he worked as clerk in Bihar Veterinary College at Patna where his elder brother was also a peon.
- He married Rabri Devi on 1 June 1973, in an arranged marriage, and they went on to have 9 children, two sons and seven daughters.
- Lalu Yadav entered politics at Patna University as a student leader.
- On 23 September 1990, Lalu arrested L K Advani at Samastipur during the latter’s Ram Rath Yatra to Ayodhya, and presented himself as a secular leader.
- He had to resign in 1997 following escalating corruption charges relating to the Fodder Scam.
- From 1997 to 2005 his wife Rabri Devi ruled as the Chief Minister of the state.
- Despite several ongoing corruption cases against Lalu Yadav, he and his wife Rabri Devi ruled Bihar state for 15 years, a period during which every economic and social rankings of the state went to lowest level, when compared to other states of India.
- During his tenure as Chief Minister, Bihar’s law and order was at lowest, kidnapping was on rise and private armies (Naxals) mushroomed.
- In November 2005 state elections Lalu Yadav looses election. Nitish Kumar led coalition, consisting of JD(U) and BJP, came to power.
- In the 2010 elections, the RJD tally was reduced to just 22 seats whereas the ruling alliance claimed a record 206 out of the 243 Assembly seats.
- In 2015 Bihar Legislative Assembly election, his party RJD came back to power in partnership with Nitish Kumar, but Nitish dumped Lalu’s party from the power in July 2017 after the ED and CBI lodged several criminal cases against Lalu, his wife Rabri, his son and Tejashwi Yadav, in another disproportionate assets and railway tender bribery scam during Lalu’s stint as the Railway Minister.
Disclaimer : We can not guarantee that the information on this page is hundred percent correct. If you think that any information is wrong or missing, please Contact Here, Comment below, Join Us on Twitter and Facebook or Mail us at email@example.com