Saina Nehwal is an Indian professional badminton player. She is former world no. 1, she won more than 24 international titles. She has represented India three times in the Olympics. She is the first Indian female to have won an Olympic medal in a badminton event.
Saina Nehwal Wiki Bio Quick Facts :
|Date of Birth / Age :||17 March 1990 / 31 Years (as in 2021)|
|Nick Name :||Saina|
|Full Name :||Saina Nehwal|
|Birthplace / Home Town :||Hisar, Haryana, India|
|Zodiac Sign / Sun Sign :||Pisces|
Height, Weight and Physical Stats :
|Height :|| 165 Cm
|Weight :||65 Kg|
|Eye Color :||Black|
|Hair Color :||Black|
Family and Relatives :
|Father :||Harvir Singh Nehwal|
|Mother :||Usha Nehwal|
|Sister(s) :||Abu Chandranshu Nehwal (Elder)|
|Marital Status :||Married (Place of Marriage – Hyderabad)|
|Spouse / Husband :||Parupalli Kashyap (Date of Marriage -14 December 2018)|
|Affairs :||Parupalli Kashyap|
Education and Career :
|Qualification :||12th Standard|
|College / Universities :||St. Ann’s College for Women, Hyderabad|
|Profession :||Badminton Player, Politician|
|Debut :||Asian Badminton Satellite tournament (2005)|
|Political Party :||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Coach :||Pullela Gopichand|
|Net Worth / Income :||N/a|
Contact and Social Media Profile :
|Email / Contact :||N/A|
|Address :||Hyderabad, India|
Saina Nehwal Favorites :
|Favorite Food :||Aloo Paratha, Kiwi|
|Favorite Actor :||Shah Rukh Khan, Mahesh Babu|
|Favorite Actress||Sachin Tendulkar, Roger Federer|
|Favorite Singer / Musician :||Narendra Modi|
|Favorite Destination :||Singapore|
|Car / Bike Collection :||BMW|
Awards and Medals :
|2007||Gold Medal at National Games in Guwahati|
|2011||Won the Swiss Open tournament in Basel|
Also Read : Neha kakkar Bio, Age, Family, Career and Profile
Some Known Facts About Saina Nehwal :
- Does Saina Nehwal smoke? : Not known
- Does Saina Nehwal drink alcohol? : Not Known
- Her grandmother was not happy at her birth, as she wanted a boy.
- Saina’s dad, Harvir Singh, was a district badminton champion in Haryana and so was her mom. Saina Nehwal used to accompany her mom to the local club in Haryana itself.
- Saina Nehwal was training in Karate until 1998 when her father was transferred to Hyderabad.
- She has a brown belt in Karate.
- Her mother often calls her Steffi Saina, as she has been a huge fan of tennis star Steffi Graff.
- Her parents have also been state level badminton champions for Haryana.
- On the advice of badminton coach Nani Prasad Rao, she started playing badminton at the age of 8.
- She did her badminton training from the Pullela Gopichand Badminton Academy.
- She used to start her training at 4 am in the morning and travelled a distance of almost 25 km to make it to a proper training facility.
- In 2005, she got selected to play in the U-19 national team and became the U-19 national champion in 2006.
- She is the first player to win the Asian Satellite Badminton tournament twice, first Indian woman and youngest Asian player to win a 4-star Philippines Open tournament, and first Indian to win the World Junior Badminton Championships.
- In 2012, Sachin Tendulkar gave her BMW as a gift, after she won the gold medal in the Olympics.
- In the same year, Saina Nehwal released her autobiography ‘Playing to Win: My Life On and Off Court.’
- In October 2016, she was appointed as a member of the IOC Athletes Commission.
- Saina was also bestowed with the Padma Bhushan award in 2016 which is the country’s third-highest civilian award.
- She faced injuries in the year 2016 and 2017, due to which she didn’t play in several tournaments.
- She has endorsed numerous famous brands like Vaseline, Fortune Cooking Oil, Emami, Godrej No Marks, Edelweiss Group, Huawei Honor Smartphone, Star Sports, NECC, Indian Overseas Bank, Top Ramen Noodles, Herbalife Nutrition, Yonex, Iodex, Sahara Group, etc.
- On 29 January 2020, Saina joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
- Her greatest achievement is the bronze medal that she won at the 2012 London Olympics.
Disclaimer : We can not guarantee that the information on this page is hundred percent correct. If you think that any information is wrong or missing, please Contact Here, Comment below, Join Us on Twitter and Facebook or Mail us at email@example.com