Zhou Qunfei is the world’s richest self-made woman, according to Forbes. She is a Chinese billionaire entrepreneur who founded the major touchscreen maker Lens Technology, manufacturing glass for tech giants such as Tesla, Apple and Samsung.
Zhou Qunfei Wiki Bio Quick Facts :
|Date of Birth / Age :||1 January 1970 / 51 Years (as in 2021)|
|Nick Name :||Zhou, Brother Fei|
|Full Name :||Zhou Qunfei|
|Birthplace / Home Town :||Xiangxiang, Hunan province, China / Xiangxiang & Shenzhen|
|Zodiac Sign / Sun Sign :||Capricorn|
|Current Adress :||Hong Kong|
Also Read : Joe Biden Bio, Age, Family, Career and Profile
Family and Relatives :
|Marital Status :||Married|
|Spouse / Husband :||Zheng Junlong ( Second Marriage )|
Education and Career :
|Qualification :||Computer Course|
|College / Universities :||Shenzhen University|
|Profession :||Business ( Lens Technology )|
|Current Position :||Chairman / President, Lens Technology Co Ltd|
|Net Worth / Income:||$ 15.5 bn (approx)|
Contact and Social Media Profile :
|Website :||www.hnlens.com (Office)|
|Email / Contact :||86-731-8328-5699 (Office)|
|Address (Office) :||Lens Technology Park Liuyang Economic Tech Dev Zone Changsha, 410311 China|
Some Known Facts About Zhou Qunfei :
- Does Zhou Qunfei smoke? : Not Known
- Does Zhou Qunfei drink alcohol? : Not Known
- Before she was born, her father, a former soldier, became partially blinded and lost a finger in an industrial accident.
- Her mother died when she was five.
- As a child she helped her family raise animals for sustenance and small profit.
- She attend secondary school and showed promise as a bright student, but she dropped out at age 16 and moved to become a migrant worker in Shenzhen.
- In Shenzhen she deliberately chose to work for companies near Shenzhen University, so she could take part-time courses at the university.
- Zhou Qunfei established her own company in 1993 at age 22, with her savings. The company appealed to customers by promising higher-quality watch lenses.
- In 2001, she caught her big break when her company won a profitable contract to make mobile phone screens for the Chinese electronics giant TCL.
- In 2003, while still producing watch faces, Zhou Qunfei’s company got a contract to develop glass screens for Motorola.
- Following this, Zhou started touch screen maker Lens Technology.
- But her darkest moment came after she got a contract with Motorola. Business rival was jealous, They teamed up with the raw material supplier and tried to squeeze Zhou out of the game. The supplier defied industry norms and demanded full payment before delivering any materials.
- Zhou sold her house and other valuables to meet the supplier’s demands, but it still was not enough. In desperation, she stood on the platform at Hung Hom Station in Hong Kong, almost jumped off, thinking that when she is gone, all the trouble will too be gone. But then a phone call from her daughter pulled her back to reality. And she realized that for family and employees, she cannot give up. She sent email to Motorola, and with their help, she overcame the crisis.
- Her company soon received orders from other mobile-phone makers such as HTC, Nokia. After producing the touch screens for Apple’s iPhone during its 2007, Lens Technology developed into the dominant player of the industry.
- Lens Technology now primarily supplies touch-screens to leading electronics makers such as Apple, Samsung, and Huawei. The Apple Watch uses her company’s glass and sapphire crystal screens.
- After the public listing of her company on the Shenzhen ChiNext market in March 2015, her net worth reached US$10 billion, making her the richest woman in China.
- In 2018, she was named the world’s richest self made woman, with a net worth of $9.8 billion.
- Zhou Qunfei’s rags-to-riches story has been hailed as an inspiration to the millions of migrant workers in China.
Disclaimer : We can not guarantee that the information on this page is hundred percent correct. If you think that any information is wrong or missing, please Contact Here, Comment below, Join Us on Twitter and Facebook or Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org