Nitish Kumar is an Indian politician. He belongs to a socialist class of politicians. He is the present Chief Minister of Bihar, India, since 2017. He has also served as a minister in the Union Government of India. He is the president of Janata Dal United Party.
Nitish Kumar Wiki Bio Quick Facts :
|Date of Birth / Age :||1 March 1951 / 69 Years (as in 2020)|
|Nick Name :||NiKu, Munna, Sushasan Babu |
|Full Name :||Nitish Kumar|
|Birthplace / Home Town :||Bakhtiarpur, Bihar, India|
|Zodiac Sign / Sun Sign :||Pisces|
|Religion / Caste :||Hinduism / Kurmi|
Height, Weight and Physical Stats :
|Height :||173 Cm|
|Weight :||75 Kg|
Family and Relatives :
|Father :||Kaviraj Ram Lakhan Singh|
|Mother :||Parmeshwari Devi|
|Brother(s) :||Satish Kumar|
|Sister(s) :||Usha Devi, Indu Devi, Prabha Devi|
|Marital Status :||Widower|
|Spouse / Wife :||Late Manju Kumari Sinha|
|Son(s) :||Nishant Kumar|
Education and Career :
|Qualification :||Graduate in Electrical Engineering|
|School :||Shree Ganesh High School, Bakhtiarpur|
|College / Universities :||Patna Science College, Bihar college of Engineering, Patna|
|Profession :||Politician, Social Worker|
|Debut / Ex Party :||Lok Dal, Janta Dal, Samta Party|
|Current Political Party :||Janata Dal (United)|
|Positions Held :
|Net Income / Salary :||1 Lakh + Other Allowances|
|Net Worth :||2 Cr (Approx)|
Contact and Social Media Profile :
|Email / Contact :||N/A|
|Address :||1 Aney Marg, Patna, India|
Nitish Kumar Favorites :
|Favorite Food :||Butter Masala Dosa|
|Favorite Actor :||Aamir Khan|
Awards and Recognitions :
|2008||CNN-IBN Great Indian of the Year – Politics|
|2011||XLRI Jamshedpur Sir Jehangir Ghandy Medal for Industrial & Social Peace|
|2012||Ranked 77th in Foreign Policy Magazine top 100 global thinkers|
|2013||Anuvrat Puraskar, JP Memorial Award|
Some Known Facts About Nitish Kumar :
- Does Nitish Kumar smoke? : Not Known
- Does Nitish Kumar drink alcohol? : Not Known
- His father, Kaviraj Ram Lakhan Singh, was an ayurvedic practitioner.
- Nitish earned a degree in mechanical engineering from Bihar College of Engineering in 1972.
- He joined the Bihar State Electricity Board, and later moved into politics.
- During his early years as a politician he was associated with the likes of Jayaprakash Narayan, Ram Manohar Lohia, S. N. Sinha, Karpuri Thakur and V. P. Singh.
- He participated in Jayaprakash Narayan’s movement between 1974 and 1977.
- Nitish Kumar was the Union Minister for Railways and Minister for Surface Transport and later, the Minister for Agriculture in 1998-99, in the NDA government of Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- In August 1999, he resigned following the Gaisal train disaster, for which he took responsibility as a minister.
- As Railway Minister, he brought in widespread reforms, such as internet ticket booking facility in 2002, opening a record number of railway ticket booking counters and introducing the tatkal scheme for instant booking.
- Later that year, he rejoined the Union Cabinet as Minister for Agriculture.
- From 2001 to May 2004, he was again the Union Minister for Railways.
- In the 2004 Lok Sabha elections, he contested elections from two places, when he was elected from Nalanda but lost from his traditional constituency, Barh.
- As Chief Minister, Nitish Kumar appointed more than 100,000 school teachers, ensured that doctors worked in primary health centres, electrification of villages, paving of roads, turned around a lawless state by cracking down on criminals.
- In 2010, Nitish’s party swept back to power along with its then allies, the Bharatiya Janata Party, and he again became Chief Minister. The alliance won 206 seats, while the RJD won 22.
- On 17 May 2014, he resigned, taking responsibility for his party’s poor performance in the 2014 general elections, and was succeeded by Jitan Ram Manjhi.
- However, Nitish Kumar returned to office in February 2015 following a political crisis in Bihar and won the state elections of November 2015.
- He resigned again on 26 July 2017 as Chief Minister of Bihar due to differences with the coalition partner, Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD), following the naming of Tejashwi Yadav, the Deputy Chief Minister and RJD member, in a First Information Report (FIR) alleging corruption filed by the Central Bureau of Investigation.
- Hours later, he joined the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) coalition, which had thus far been the opposition, and secured a majority in the assembly. He became Chief Minister again.
- NDA won the state elections of 2020, and he became Chief Minister again.
Disclaimer : We can not guarantee that the information on this page is hundred percent correct. If you think that any information is wrong or missing, please Contact Here, Comment below, Join Us on Twitter and Facebook or Mail us at email@example.com.