Smriti Irani is an Indian politician, former TV actress and producer. She is a member of Lok Sabha. She is serving in the cabinet of Narendra Modi as Minister of Textiles and was given additional charge as minister of women and child development. In 2019 general election, she defeated Rahul Gandhi from Amethi.
Smriti Irani Wiki Bio Quick Facts :
|Date of Birth / Age :||23 March 1976 / 45 Years (as in 2021)
|Nick Name :||Smriti|
|Full Name :||Smriti Malhotra / Smriti Zubin Irani|
|Birthplace / Home Town :||New Delhi, India|
|Zodiac Sign / Sun Sign :||Aries|
Height, Weight and Physical Stats :
|Height :|| 170 Cm
|Weight :||80 Kg|
|Eye Color :||Black|
|Hair Color :||Black|
Family and Relatives :
|Father :||Ajay Kumar Malhotra
|Mother :||Shibani Bagchi|
|Marital Status :||Married (2001)|
|Spouse / Husband :||Zubin Irani|
|Son(s) :||Zohr Irani (2001)|
|Daughter(s) :||Zoish Irani (2003), Shanelle Irani (Step Daughter)|
|Affairs :||Zubin Irani|
Education and Career :
|Qualification :|| B Com First Year
|School :||Holy Child Auxilium School, New Delhi|
|College / Universities :||School of Open Learning, University of Delhi|
|Profession :||Actress, Politician|
|Political Party :||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Net Worth :||Rs 12 Crore (approx) / more than Rs 1 Lakh plus other allowances|
Contact and Social Media Profile :
|Email / Contact :||N/A|
|Address :||Delhi, India|
Also Read : Amit Shah Bio, Age, Family, Career and Profile
Smriti Irani Favorites :
|Hobbies :||Doing Yoga, Listening to Music, Travelling, Playing Carrom|
|Favorite Food :||Gujarati Cuisines, Pizza, Chocolates|
|Favorite Actor :||Strawberry|
|Favorite Actress||Rekha, Hema Malini|
|Favorite Singer / Musician :||Shekhar Kapur|
|Favorite Film :||Mr. India, Avenger|
|Favorite Writer :||Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Narendra Modi|
|Favorite Color :||Blue|
| 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2010
||Indian Television Academy Awards|
|2005||Gr8! Women Achiever’s Awards|
|2014||Garv Indian TV Awards|
|2015||Young Global Leader from India by World Economic Forum|
|Irani was accused of providing contradictory affidavits about her educational qualifications during different elections.|
Political Journey of Smriti Irani :
- Smriti Irani Joined BJP in 2003
- She unsuccessfully Contested the Lok Sabha Elections from Chandi Chowk in Delhi in 2004.
- In 2009, she campaigned for Vijay Goel‘s candidature in New Delhi.
- She was appointed as the National Secretary of the party and was roped in as the President of the Mahila wing for BJP in 2010.
- She became a member of the Rajya Sabha from Gujarat in 2011, and appointed as the BJP’s Vice-President in 2012.
- From 2011 to May 2014, she was a member of Committee on Coal and Steel.
- In 2014, she contested the Lok Sabha Elections against Rahul Gandhi in the Amethi Constituency and lost by 1,07,923 votes. However, Prime Minister Narendra Modi appointed her as the Minister of Human Resource Development in his cabinet.
- In July 2016, the Ministry of Human Resource Development was taken away from Irani, and she was given the Ministry of Textiles instead, in a cabinet reshuffle.
- In 2017, she was handed the additional charge of Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- In 2019, she contested the Lok Sabha Elections against Rahul Gandhi in the Amethi Constituency and won by a margin of 55,120 votes and became the Minister of Women and Child Development.
Some Known Facts About Smriti Irani :
- Does Smriti Irani smoke?: No
- Does Smriti Irani drink alcohol?: No
- Her mother was a member of Jana Sangh and her grandfather was an RSS Swayamsevak.
- In an interview, she revealed that her parents had no big dreams for her either, they just wanted her to get married to a good boy.
- Growing up in Delhi, she wanted to become either a civil servant or a journalist.
- She reached Mumbai where she participated in the Femina Miss India contest in 1998. However, she couldn’t reach the top 9.
- In the early days of her career, Smriti Irani worked at McDonald’s in Bandra, Mumbai as a waitress.
- She appeared in a song of the album Saawan Mein Lag Gayi Aag with Mika Singh in 1998.
- She had also done numerous modelling assignments.
- She was first spotted by the TV producer Shobha Kapoor, when she was working with the producer of a show called Bakeman’s Ooh La La.
- In 2000, she became a household name when she played the role of Tulsi Virani in Ekta Kapoor’s production Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi on Star Plus.
- She also played the mythological role of Sita in Zee TV’s Ramayan in 2001.
- She holds the record for the maximum number (consecutively five times) of Indian Television Academy Awards for Best Actress (popular).
- Reportedly, she developed differences with Ekta Kapoor and left the show in 2007. However, in 2008, she made a comeback in a special episode.
- She has always been in demand for rallies and campaigning as she is fluent in Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, and Bengali.
- During her campaign in the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, in which she went on to defeat Rahul Gandhi, she did firefighter avatar in dousing a fire which had broken out in a village in Amethi.
Disclaimer : We can not guarantee that the information on this page is hundred percent correct. If you think that any information is wrong or missing, please Contact Here, Comment below, Join Us on Twitter and Facebook or Mail us at email@example.com