Rajnath Singh is an Indian politician. He is the former president of Bharatiya Janata Party. He is currently the Defence Minister of India. He is Member of Parliament from Lucknow Constituency. He has previously served as Chief Minister of UP, Union Surface Transport Minister, Union Agriculture Minister, and Union Home Minister of India.
Rajnath Singh Wiki Bio Quick Facts :
|Date of Birth / Age :||10 July 1951 / 70 Years (as in 2021)
|Nick Name :||Rajnath|
|Full Name :||Rajnath Singh|
|Birthplace / Home Town :||Babhora, Chakia, Chandauli, UP, India|
|Zodiac Sign / Sun Sign :||Cancer|
|Religion / Caste :||Hinduism / Kshatriya|
Height, Weight and Physical Stats :
|Height :|| 175 Cm
|Weight :||75 Kg|
|Eye Color :||Brown|
|Hair Color :||Black|
Family and Relatives :
|Father :||Rambadan Singh|
|Mother :||Gujarati Devi|
|Marital Status :||Married (1971)|
|Spouse / Wife :||Savitri Singh|
|Son(s) :||Pankaj Singh, Neeraj Singh|
|Daughter(s) :||Anamika Singh|
Education and Career :
|Qualification :|| Msc Physics
|School :||Village School|
|College / Universities :||Gorakhpur University, Uttar Pradesh|
|Profession :||Lecturer, Politician|
|Political Party :||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Net Income / Salary :||Rs 1 Lakh plus other allowances|
Contact and Social Media Profile :
|Email / Contact :||N/A|
|Address :||3/206, Chipulkhand Gomti Nagar Lucknow, UP
17, Akbar Road, New Delhi – 110 011
Rajnath Singh Favorites :
|Favorite Food :||N/A|
|Favorite Politician :||Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Favorite Actor :||N/A|
|Car / Bike Collection :||N/A|
Social Life and Political Journey of Rajnath Singh :
- Organizational secretary of ABVP Gorakhpur division from 1969 to 1971. [S]
- He became the RSS karyavah (General Secretary) of Mirzapur city in 1972.
- In 1974, he was appointed secretary of Bhartiya Jana Sangh for the Mirzapur Unit in Uttar Pradesh.
- In 1975, he was appointed district president of the Jana Sangh.
- In 1977, he became M.L.A. from Mirzapur constituency.
- In 1984, became the State President of the BJP Youth Wing.
- In 1986, became the National General Secretary of the BJP Youth Wing.
- In 1988, became the National President of the BJP Youth Wing.
- In 1988, became a member of the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council.
- In 1991, became Education Minister in the Uttar Pradesh Government.
- In 1994, became a member of the Rajya Sabha.
- On 25 March 1997, became the State President of Uttar Pradesh BJP.
- On 22 November 1999, became the Union Surface Transport Minister in Atal Bihari Vajpayee‘s Government.
- On 28 October 2000, became the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
- In 2002, became the National General Secretary of BJP.
- On 24 May 2003, became Union Minister of Agriculture & subsequently for Food Processing.
- In July 2004, he was appointed National General Secretary of BJP again.
- On 31 December 2005, became the National President of BJP.
- In May 2009, he was elected M.P. from Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh.
- In May 2014, he was elected M.P. from Lucknow in Uttar Pradesh.
- On 26 May 2014, became Union Minister for Home Affairs in Narendra Modi Cabinet.
- In the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, he defeated his nearest rival Poonam Sinha of the Samajwadi Party by over 3.4 lakh votes from Lucknow.
- On 30 May 2019, he took the oath as the Defence Minister of India in Modi Cabinet.
Some Known Facts About Rajnath Singh :
- Does Rajnath Singh Smoke?: No
- Does Rajnath Singh Drink Alcohol?: No
- He was born in a farmer’s family at a village Babhora in the Chandauli district of Uttar Pradesh.
- At the age of 13 in 1964, he joined Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS).
- He was an active RSS worker & a brilliant student since his childhood.
- After completing his Post Graduation, he worked as a lecturer of Physics at the K.B. Post-Graduate College, Mirzapur in Uttar Pradesh.
- From 1969 to 1971, he was organizational Secretary of ABVP Gorakhpur Division.
- In 1975, he was the district coordinator during the JP Movement.
- During the political crisis in 1997, he played a key role to save the BJP led government twice.
- As a Union Surface Transport Minister in 1999, he initiated the National Highway Development Programme (NHDP)- a dream project of Atal Bihari Vajapayee.
- As a Union Minister of Agriculture, he initiated a few noble projects like Farm Income Insurance Scheme & Kisan Call Centre.
- In 2003, he covered the entire length & breadth of India as BJP President.
- He is an ardent follower of the Hindi language.
- On 19 September 2019, he became India’s first Defence Minister to fly in Tejas fighter aircraft. He flew in the Tejas fighter aircraft from the HAL airport in Bengaluru.
- He worked as a lecturer of Physics at K.B. Post-Graduate College Mirzapur, UP.
- He was a brilliant student and an active RSS worker since his student life.
Disclaimer : We can not guarantee that the information on this page is hundred percent correct. If you think that any information is wrong or missing, please Contact Here, Comment below, Join Us on Twitter and Facebook or Mail us at email@example.com