Narendra Modi is the first Prime Minister of India who was born in Independent India. In 2014 he led BJP to victory in elections to the Lok Sabha, after which he was sworn in as 14th prime minister of India. Prior to that he had served as chief minister of Gujarat state. He is the Member of Parliament for Varanasi. He is the first prime minister outside of the Congress to win two consecutive terms with a full majority, and the second one to complete five years in office after Atal Bihari Vajpayee. On 30 May 2019, he took the oath as the 15th Prime Minister of India.
Narendra Modi Wiki Bio Quick Facts :
|Date of Birth / Age :||17 September 1950 / 70 Years (as in 2020)|
|Nick Name :||NaMo|
|Full Name :||Narendra Damodardas Modi|
|Birthplace / Home Town :||Vadnagar, Mehsana district, Gujarat, India|
|Zodiac Sign / Sun Sign :||Virgo|
|Religion / Caste :||Hinduism / Modh – Ghanchi – Teli (OBC)|
Height, Weight and Physical Stats :
|Height :|| 170 Cm
|Weight :||75 Kg|
|Eye Color :||Black|
|Hair Color :||White|
Family and Relatives :
|Father :|| Damodardas Mulchand Modi
|Mother :||Hiraben Modi|
|Brother(s) :||Soma Bhai Modi, Amrut Modi, Prahlad Modi, Pankaj Modi|
|Sister(s) :||Vasantiben Hasmukhlal Modi|
|Marital Status :||Married (1968)|
|Wife :||Jashodaben Chimanlal Modi|
Also Read : Subramanian Swamy Biography, Age, Family and Personal Life
Education and Career :
|Qualification :||BA in Political Science, MA in Political Science|
|School :||Higher Secondary School, Vadnagar|
|College / Universities :||Gujrat University, Delhi University|
|Profession :||Politician, Social Worker|
|Poltical Party :||Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP) -1985|
|Current Work / Party / TV :||
|Known For||PM of India|
|Net Income / Salary :||Rs 160000 / Month + Allowances|
|Net Worth :||Rs 2.5 Cr approx (Including Moveable Property)|
Contact and Social Media Profile :
|Email / Contact :||N/A|
Narendra Modi Favorites :
|Hobbies :|| Yoga, Reading. Public Interaction
|Food Habit / Favorite Food :||Vegitarian / Bhakhari, Khichdi|
|Favorite Leader / Politician :||Vivekananda / S P Mukherjee, A B Bajpayee|
|Favorite Singer / Musician :||Lata Mangeshkar|
|Favorite Actor :||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favorite Actress :||Hema Malini|
|Favorite Film :||N/A|
|Favorite Song :||Jyoti Kalash Chhalke, O Pawan Veg Se Udne Vale Ghode|
|Favorite Color :||Saffron|
|Car / Bike Collection :||N/A|
Also Read : Amit Shah Biography, Age, Family, Career and Personal Life
Awards, Recognition and State honours :
|Order Of Abdulaziz Al saud (2016)||The highest honour of Saudi Arabia awarded to non Muslim dignitaries|
|State Order of Ghazi Amir Amanullah Khan (2016)||The highest civilian honour of Afganistan|
|Grand Collar of the State of Palestine (2018)||The highest honour of Palestine awarded to foreign dignitaries|
|The Champions of the Earth (2018)||UN Highest environmental award|
| Seoul Peace Prize (2018)
||Seoul Peace Prize Foundation|
|Order of Zayed (2019)||The highest civilian honour of the United Arab Emirates|
|Order of St. Andrew (2019)||The highest civilian honour of Russia|
|Order of the Distinguished Rule of Nishan Izzuddin (2019)||The highest honour of the Maldives awarded to foreign dignitries|
|The king Hamad order of the Renaissance (2019)||Bahrain|
|Global Goalkeeper award (2019)||By Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for Swachh Bharat Mission|
|Legion of the merit (2020)||One of the highest military houours of the USA|
Some Known Facts About Narendra Modi :
- Does Narendra Modi Smoke?: No
- Does Narendra Modi Drink Alcohol?: No
- He maintains a close relationship with his mother, Hiraben.
- Narendra Modi helped his father sell tea at the Vadnagar railway station, and he later ran a tea stall with his brother near a bus terminus.
- When he was eight years old, discovered the RSS and began attending its local shakhas.
- He was engaged at age 13 to Jashodaben, marrying her when he was 18. They spent little time together. Also Read : Yogi Adityanath Biography, Age, Family and Political Life
- At the age of 17, he left his house and travelled to different parts of India.
- In 1971 Narendra Modi became a full time worker for the RSS.
- When he joined RSS, he was assigned to mop the floor at the RSS Headquarter in Ahmedabad.
- Narendra Modi was also involved with creating a network of safe houses for individuals wanted by the government, and in raising funds for political activists during emergency.
- He officially joined the BJP in 1987, and a year later he was made the general secretary of the Gujarat branch of the party.
- When his father died in 1989, Narendra Modi was on Kailash Manasarovar Yatra.
- He was named a member of the BJP’s National Election Committee in 1990, helping organise L. K. Advani’s 1990 Ram Rath Yatra in 1990 and Murli Manohar Joshi’s 1991-92 Ekta Yatra.
- On 3 Oct 2001 Narendra Modi replaced Keshubhai Patel as Chief Minister of Gujarat, with the responsibility of preparing the BJP for the December 2002 elections.
- During his tenure as the Chief Minister of Gujarat, it became the world’s 2nd best State in 2010. And from 2001 to 2010 Gujarat recorded an agricultural growth rate of 10.97 percent.
- In 2008 Narendra Modi offered land in Gujarat to Tata Motors to set up a manufacturing plant of Nano after a popular agitation had forced the company to move out of West Bengal.
- Narendra Modi’s 31 August 2012 post on Google Hangouts made him the first Indian politician to interact with citizens on a live chat.
- He never took even a single day holiday during his 13 year tenure as the Chief Minister of Gujarat.
- In June 2013 he was chosen the leader of the BJP’s campaign for the 2014 elections to the Lok Sabha.
- He led the BJP in the 2014 general election, which gave the party a majority in the Lok Sabha, the first time for any single party since 1984.
- Narendra Modi was sworn in as the Prime Minister of India on 26 May 2014. He became the first Prime Minister born after India’s independence.
- Narendra Modi started a monthly radio program titled “Mann Ki Baat” on 3 October 2014.
- He also launched the Digital India program, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, and Ujwala scheme.
- He is a fitness enthusiast and has incorporated Yoga in his daily routine. He is also credited to bring Yoga to the international level by getting it recognized as International Yoga Day by the UNGA in 2015.
- On 8 November 2016, in the most surprising move in the administrative history of India, he announced to demonetize the Rs 500 and 1000 currency notes.
- In 2016, London’s Madame Tussaud Wax Museum unveiled a wax statue of Modi.
- In 2019, his government passed a law to provide 10% reservation to Economically weaker sections.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi led Bharatiya Janata Party to a super sized victory for a second term in Indian Parliament On 23 May 2019.
- On 30 May 2019, Narendra Modi took the oath as the Prime Minister of India for the second time.
- His government took key decisions to fulfill the aspirations of people and cited the new law on triple talaq and scrapping of special status (Article 370) accorded to Jammu and Kashmir.
- Modi Govt also passes Citizenship amenment bill 2019 in December 19 to give Citizenship to persecuted minorities from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afganistan.
- Narendra Modi is considered as one of the most popular leaders in India who has strong connections with the general public.
- He has also been called a fashion-icon for his signature crisply ironed, half-sleeved Kurta.
Books by Narendra Modi :
Jyotipunj : 2008, A Journey : Poems by Narendra Modi : 2014, Social Harmony : 2015, India’s Singapore Story : 2015, Exam Warriors : 2018
Disclaimer : We can not guarantee that the information on this page is hundred percent correct. If you think that any information is wrong or missing, please Contact Here, Comment below, Mail us at email@example.com or Join Us on Twitter and Facebook.